Revisiting problems with price updates

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Feb 28 06:46:36 GMT 2022

On Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022 00:15:26 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> As this is getting rather long winded, I'm going to trim down to mainly
> stuff I'm directly replying to.
>
> On 2022.02.22 02:34, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 22. Februar 2022 01:47:21 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel
> > wrote:
> [snip....]
> >> As one example, I have an equity E0000416 for symbol CARR (Carrier
> >> Global Corp.)
> >> If I look in the Price Editor for CARR, I see two entries - one is
> >> from KMyMOney Currency and the other from Yahoo Finance.  It is not
> >> clear why there are two en tries for the same ID and Name.
> >
> > See below. What are the dates of these entries?
>
> 1/6/21 Currency and 2/4/22 Yahoo Finance.  Probable the most recent
> price of each of the two pricepairs.

I added code to remove those 'invalid' price pairs. Please have a look at the
console next time you save the file. It will not save those entries anymore
and afterwards they should be gone. If they re-appear, we need to figure out
why and what causes it. Again, having a look at the console for those
debug messages about price pairs is important.

I did not try to follow the details you described (maybe at a later time
when we have more evidence when all this happens).

[...]

Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.