some papercuts from master branch

Jeremy Whiting jeremypwhiting at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:05:00 GMT 2022

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 7:25 AM Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2022 03:24:28 CET Jeremy Whiting via
> KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've switched back from 5.1.x to master branch for the past week or so
> and
> > hit a few papercuts. Not sure if there are existing plans for these yet
> or
> > not. If not I'll file bugs for each and try to tackle some as time
> permits.
> >
> > 1. Sorting: Cleared and reconciled transactions for a given day were not
> at
> > the top of that day's transactions.
> > https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that,
> but
> > leaves the running balance incorrect. I think that is still sorted by id
> or
> > something?
>
> Regarding the balance I am not sure what we do about it. More so, when
> sorting
> is based on a non-date column (e.g. detail or payee). Would sorting by
> balance
> make sense at all? Also, if there is a filter setup the balance is
> certainly
> not accurate anymore. What shall we do with it? Display "---" or simply
> nothing?

Yeah, I would think either a) hide the column or b) show --- since it's no
longer accurate. b is probably best since with a you no lose the ability to
sort by that column (though maybe sorting that column should be disabled
completely. sorting by remaining balance seems to have no use that I can
think of?)