some papercuts from master branch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Dec 28 14:25:46 GMT 2022

On Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2022 03:24:28 CET Jeremy Whiting via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've switched back from 5.1.x to master branch for the past week or so and
> hit a few papercuts. Not sure if there are existing plans for these yet or
> not. If not I'll file bugs for each and try to tackle some as time permits.
>
> 1. Sorting: Cleared and reconciled transactions for a given day were not at
> the top of that day's transactions.
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that, but
> leaves the running balance incorrect. I think that is still sorted by id or
> something?

Regarding the balance I am not sure what we do about it. More so, when sorting
is based on a non-date column (e.g. detail or payee). Would sorting by balance
make sense at all? Also, if there is a filter setup the balance is certainly
not accurate anymore. What shall we do with it? Display "---" or simply nothing?

Ideas and suggestions are welcome. We need to have a clear understanding on
how we want this to behave before I make any more changes.

UTF-8 Test: The 🐈 ran after a 🐁, but the 🐁 ran away.