some papercuts from master branch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Dec 27 10:57:47 GMT 2022

Hi,

On Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2022 03:24:28 CET Jeremy Whiting via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've switched back from 5.1.x to master branch for the past week or so and
> hit a few papercuts. Not sure if there are existing plans for these yet or
> not. If not I'll file bugs for each and try to tackle some as time permits.

Very much appreciated.

> 1. Sorting: Cleared and reconciled transactions for a given day were not at
> the top of that day's transactions.
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that, but
> leaves the running balance incorrect. I think that is still sorted by id or
> something?
> 2. Deposits before payments:
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that also
> here, but has the same caveat.
> 3. Add a transaction: It would be super handy if an "Add a transaction"
> button was brought back so you don't have to scroll to the end of the
> scheduled transactions to enter a new one. Ctrl-insert helps, but a button
> would also.

The balance calculation is actually performed on the model and not on the sorted
view. That may be the problem for the above. Need to take a look.

> 4. Cleared and Balance below the ledger is incorrect somehow. For example
> my current checking account is showing Cleared: 592.80, but the last "C"
> transaction in the ledger has a running balance of 367.74, I've no idea
> where that 592.80 value is even coming from... I guess balance is the
> bottom of the ledger, but that's a future date since there are scheduled
> transactions in the list.
>
> If there's a workboard somewhere of things in progress that would be useful
> as well. I'm guessing that exists, but I'm just unaware of where it is.

The issues concerning the ledger are (currently) maintained on

  https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/issues/61

Feel free to add to it at the top (maybe leave a trace with what you added
so it's easier to ask when details are needed)

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
trying to find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein