some papercuts from master branch

Jeremy Whiting jeremypwhiting at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 02:24:28 GMT 2022

Hey all,

I've switched back from 5.1.x to master branch for the past week or so and
hit a few papercuts. Not sure if there are existing plans for these yet or
not. If not I'll file bugs for each and try to tackle some as time permits.

1. Sorting: Cleared and reconciled transactions for a given day were not at
the top of that day's transactions.
https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that, but
leaves the running balance incorrect. I think that is still sorted by id or
something?
2. Deposits before payments:
https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes that also
here, but has the same caveat.
3. Add a transaction: It would be super handy if an "Add a transaction"
button was brought back so you don't have to scroll to the end of the
scheduled transactions to enter a new one. Ctrl-insert helps, but a button
would also.
4. Cleared and Balance below the ledger is incorrect somehow. For example
my current checking account is showing Cleared: 592.80, but the last "C"
transaction in the ledger has a running balance of 367.74, I've no idea
where that 592.80 value is even coming from... I guess balance is the
bottom of the ledger, but that's a future date since there are scheduled
transactions in the list.

If there's a workboard somewhere of things in progress that would be useful
as well. I'm guessing that exists, but I'm just unaware of where it is.

thanks,
Jeremy