failed pipeline

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 12 16:10:12 BST 2022

On 2022.08.11 02:36, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 11. August 2022 02:13:43 CEST Jack Ostroff via
> KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
>> I've gotten some pipeline failure messages for my MR, which only
>> changes doc files, so I am assuming it is something about the CI
>> setup ( build_local_ubuntu_2110).  Should I ignore it, or report it,
>> and if so, to whom?
>
> We know about it. It has nothing to do with your changes. If you take
> a look at the end of the logs on e.g.
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/jobs/428234 you see that it
> complains about missing deb package repos or some such.
>
> Since it only fails for one of the five environments (see
> https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/pipelines/216315) and is not
> caused by KMyMoney specifics I don't care too much.
>
> Please feel free to report it to sysadmin at
> https://go.kde.org/u/systickets
>
> This specific environment is excluded in the builds for master,
> though the reason mentioned in .gitlab-ci.yml mentions some Alkimia
> problem which should not be relevant in the 5.1 branch (and the
> pipeline did not even get that far to step on Alkimia)
Actually, it seems to be failing on not finding some of the repos - but
it's looking for Ubuntu 21.10, which  I believe is no longer
supported.  LTS looks like 22.04, 20.04, or 18.04, and I don't see any
non LTS on the current Ubuntu download page.  Who set up those
pipelines?  It looks like the Ubuntu 20.04 should probably be switched
to Ubuntu 22.04.

I did open a sysadmin ticket, to which Also, Ben Cooksly replied:

I'm afraid Sysadmin only supports the official CI jobs (which only make
contact with KDE.org systems), with any custom CI jobs being carried
out on a "best-effort" basis.   We generally do not recommend much in
the way of network activity within jobs themselves as network
instability does occur from time to time.