possible new qif profile (export) problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 2 06:59:44 BST 2022

Jack,

On Samstag, 2. April 2022 00:35:59 CEST Jack Ostroff via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> In playing with qif profiles, I created a new profile, and did a qif
> export with several different date formats.  All selections I tried
> with a four digit year worked as expected.  However, for two digit year
> formats, the output had the final delimiter replace by a single quote.
> For example, using a Date Format of "%d/%m/%yy" output a date of
> "D02/10'20" and "%d.%m/%yy" produced "D02.10'20".  The order of date
> and month was correct per the format selected.
>
> Before I file a new bug, I'd like to check if anyone else can confirm
> this, or if I'm just missing something.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

The 'Apostrophe Handling' setting next to the date format selector helps
to identify the missing century in a 2 digit year format.
I did not come up with this: blame it on Intuit.

Here are some references on the net:

https://userbase.kde.org/KMyMoney/FAQ#Why_does_the_QIF_import_choke_on_a_wrong_date_format.3F
https://www.accountantforums.com/threads/date-format-in-ms-money-and-quicken-qif-files-are-different-conversion.73489/
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891105/downloaded-qif-data-from-bank-to-excel-then-quicken-imported-date-as-1920-rather-than-2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format#Detail_items

Although, on the last one it may seem that the apostrophe always means 2000
but we have seen cases in the past where this was not true. Hence our
settings.

Hope that helps and explains.

UTF-8 Test: The 🐈 ran after a 🐁, but the 🐁 ran away.