MS SQL Server (Express) Support?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Sep 9 09:20:50 BST 2021

Raymond,

On Donnerstag, 9. September 2021 04:41:10 CEST Raymond Dean via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to MS SQL Server (Express).  Is it possible?  The screenshot below shows the most promising error I can generate.  Also, I've included different variations of the login.
>
> I'm using Windows 10, and KMyMoney version 5.0.6.

I sort of remember, that 5.0.6 and possibly later versions had a problem with the database backend. You may want to take a look at the release notes if they contain some information about fixes in that area (https://kmymoney.org/news/)

> I'd like to contribute in any way possible --- I write JavaScript and SQL, and I've built web APIs with the KNEX query builder for Node.js.   Though, SQL is not my strength.

Well, that part is covered by a lot of C++ code and a bit of SQL statements. So testing might be the most you can do right now. I know that support for SQLite, MySQL and Postgres has been tested but don't know about the ODBC backend in connection with MSSQL.

> Basically, I'm happy to help test whatever you need me to test.  Thanks!

Unfortunately, Windows is not our main development environment and therefore the versions are always a bit behind. Please check if you can get a newer version from either https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/ (build with MSVC) or from https://kmymoney.org/snapshots.php (build with cross compile tools).

Please make sure to keep a backup of your database before you test any of the newer versions just in case you have to go back. Or work on a duplicate (test version) of your data.

In case you want to support us you may want to consider to subscribe to the list so that you get all mails (it's a low traffic list)

My friend couldn't afford to pay his water bill. So I sent him a 'get well soon' card.