GSoC Community Bonding: KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu May 20 15:37:51 BST 2021

Suraj,

On Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2021 15:08:59 CEST Suraj Kumar Mahto wrote:

> Hello Thomas Sir, Ralf Sir and the rest of the community members,
> Thank you for the warm welcome. As the Community Bonding period for GSoC
> 2021 has already begun and I wish not to miss out on anything. Here are the
> following insights I have started working on regarding the same :
> - I have set up my development environment, updated my system with all the
> required devel packages. For reference, I use OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with the
> latest KDE Plasma.

Great, I use OpenSUSE Leap 15.3 here with the KDE provided by the distro.

Looks good to me. https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6042427250442240

> - For communication, I have mentioned my Matrix(/IRC) user ID, mail. Please
> let me know if anything more is required.

That is fine. On IRC we can be found on #kmymoney on freenode which is bridged to
a Telegram group. Freenode is in some rough waters these days, so we see how this
works out in the future. Answers on IRC may take some time, though. The best way
to get answers is to use the mailing list kde-finance-apps at kde.org (no need to
cross post to kmymoney-devel at kde.org).

> Some questions :
> - I am planning to push my work in a work branch or should I work on a
> forked repo?

I don't have an immediate answer. Will let you know. Do you have a preference?

> - Is using Qt Creator suggested instead of some different IDE?

That is fine. I am using KDevelop here, but that is not a must. Use whatever
you are comfortable with.

> - I have received a mail regarding the community bonding from GSoC which
> describes the communication medium part. So what should be the preferred
> mode of discussion? Do we need virtual meets for discussions or the mailing
> list is fine?

I am thinking about an initial virtual meet with you, Ralf and myself if that
is OK for you. I have to check when Ralf has time for it as he is usually
pretty busy. Maybe, sometime over the weekend. What is a good time for you?
Remember, both of us are 4.5 hrs "behind".

So much for now.

On Windoze it helps to reboot, on UNIX it helps to be root!