GSoC Community Bonding: KMyMoney

Suraj Kumar Mahto suraj.mahto49 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:08:59 BST 2021

Hello Thomas Sir, Ralf Sir and the rest of the community members,
Thank you for the warm welcome. As the Community Bonding period for GSoC
2021 has already begun and I wish not to miss out on anything. Here are the
following insights I have started working on regarding the same :
- I have set up my development environment, updated my system with all the
required devel packages. For reference, I use OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with the
latest KDE Plasma.
- I have updated my project abstract and title on the GSoC portal. Please
let me if I need to add anything.
- For communication, I have mentioned my Matrix(/IRC) user ID, mail. Please
let me know if anything more is required.

Some questions :
- I am planning to push my work in a work branch or should I work on a
forked repo?
- Is using Qt Creator suggested instead of some different IDE?
- I have received a mail regarding the community bonding from GSoC which
describes the communication medium part. So what should be the preferred
mode of discussion? Do we need virtual meets for discussions or the mailing
list is fine?

Regards
Suraj Kumar Mahto
https://invent.kde.org/surajsloth