MergeRequest and AppImage Build

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Sun Feb 21 13:26:13 GMT 2021

Hey Dawid,

On 21.02.21 10:04, Alexander Maret-Huskinson wrote:
> Hey Dawid,
>
> On 20.02.21 18:26, Dawid Wrobel wrote:
>> I am working ([[1-5]) on bringing the required missing KMM
>> dependencies to vcpkg. My end goal is to use that to build AppImage,
>> Windows and macOS packages.
>> Maybe it would be worth spending your effort in further advancing
>> that? The advantage, apart from many others, is that once accepted
>> upstream, the community maintains them.
>>
>> [1] https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/issues/23
>> [2] https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/13467
>> [3] https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/13469
>> [4] https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/pull/14242
>> [5] https://invent.kde.org/wrobelda/vcpkg
>
> I had a brief look at vcpkg and have a couple of questions:
>
> I saw your JSON manifest in the draft-PR. Would these be all the
> dependencies we need to build, or are these the available ports only?
>
> Do you have an updated CMakeLists.txt already, where you tried to
> integrate vcpkg into the KMyMoney build chain?
>
> I guess our integration would somehow look like it is described on
> this page:
> https://vcpkg.readthedocs.io/en/latest/specifications/manifests/
>
> Or how do you envision this?

So I updated my Docker image to use VCPKG and tried a super simple VCPKG
project:

https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/56

Currently it fails to build because the bzip2 port of VCPKG tries to
checkout a commit-id which is no longer existing. Not their fault that
the bzip2 team changed their GIT history, but also not a very good start :-D

Let me know if you already started on converting the KMyMoney build
chain to VCPKG.

All the Best
Alex