appimages still failing

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Dec 30 21:47:19 GMT 2021

On Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021 14:39:46 CET Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021 09:58:55 CET Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > What I will do next:
> >
> > 4) Take the results of 2) and try them locally (which is OK) and then somehow
> >    get it to the CI craft build (the fix is in git only as of this time, so
> >    there is a bit of work ahead)
>
> I added the fix to the KDE repo and ran the build. It now fails in a different location
> (which apparently worked before). I already sent feedback to the author. Let's see if
> he can make head and tail out of it.

Alexander and I were able to identify the problem and located it in Gwenhywfar's
configure and build system. We made the necessary changes in

https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/commit/7674e6d608993883a49f2022e6c6dc345bca4eaf
https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/commit/a533c32b0b712c5e4308bfaa1de8e54581ef5797

as well as upstream

https://www.aquamaniac.de/rdm/projects/gwenhywfar/repository/revisions/ba5a3653c66b3d881f85565ad6126e27bc0d1ffd/diff

This now builds all dependencies and KMyMoney itself but fails while packaging :( So we're
a step closer to a working appimage.

I contacted KDE-sysadmin and asked them to take a look.

> > 6) do more work on KMyMoney (Multi-Currency-Input and Cusomizable tab order for input fields)
>
> Progressing. Had to do a bit of house-hold work on the side.

Screenshot attached. Not functional at all atm. Inspired by Qt-Designer

p.s. I don't have a son (see below) but I love my random footer generator

My son asked me what our IP address was. I pointed to the toilet.