Mapping USAA Accounts

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 13 20:07:58 BST 2021

Brendan,

On 2021.08.13 13:34, Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> I am running a very recently compiled version of KMM from the git 5.1
> branch on Fedora 34 using KDE / Xorg. AqBanking is version 6.2.9.0,
> Gwenhywfar is version 5.6.0.0.
>
> Until late last year, KMM worked well with USAA accounts. They made
> big changes and broke OFX Direct Connect.
>
> GnuCash has updated their code to work with USAA via AqBanking. See
> the following link for details on how to set it up.
>
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#USAA
>
> I followed these instructions and they eventually worked. There
> appears to be a glitch in the account list retrieval process which I
> finally figured out how to work around.
>
> Basically, you have to grant Quicken access to USAA and then use the
> username (called ACCESS ID by USAA), password (called ACCESS PIN by
> USAA) and include the client_id, converted to all uppercase.
>
> I got this to work and was able to import my savings and checking
> account transactions from the past 6 months. Unfortunately they are in
> GnuCash, not KMM so that's not really helping me. Switching to GnuCash
> after using KMM for more than 15 years is not an ideal option and
> since I can't find a way to import all of my mapped accounts at once
> in GnuCash, it would be a big step backward from KMM in my view.
If you really get stuck, can you create a GnuCash instance for only
that account, use it to import transactions, and then export those
transactions for import into KMM?  I know it's overly convoluted, but
it might be a temporary workaround until we figure out how to restore
access for you.

> I tried using ofximporter in KMM with all of the details that worked
> in GnuCash but it failed to access my accounts. There is nowhere to
> enter Application ID: QMOFX or HTTP User Agent: InetClntApp/3.0 in the
> mapping setup so I assume those are important details.
I don't use kbanking/aqbanking, so I can't add anything on that side,
but have you tried to use the kbanking importer in KMM?  That should
allow a closer match to using the details which worked for GnuCash.
With the ofximporter, when you are entering or editing the online
details for an account, if you choose one of the "(expert)" entries for
the "Identify as" dropdown, you get a text box where you can enter the
"QMOFX".   I'd be very interested if that works, as the usual value for
"Quicken Windows 20xx" is "QWIN:zz00" where zz is 12 plus xx (so for
2019 -> QWIN:2800.)  That seems to be how most banks enforce only
supporting the last few years of Quicken.