Plaid, have you heard of it?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 4 07:55:37 BST 2021

Hi,

No, and the real docs can be found on https://plaid.com

> seems apps like Robinhood and YouNeedABudget (KMY like app). Maybe it
> is something to look into? Another API to interfacing with banks? I am
> not sure if it free or not. Have not looked into it much.

Two statements that are worth noting about this proxy service:

<quote>
From: https://plaid.com/eu/

Build on Plaid’s PSD2 platform to securely access clean, categorised
financial data. Whether you’re a fintech or a financial institution,
we’re here to help.
</quote>

Well, they're on the hunt for businesses, not FLOSS devs/users.

<quote>
From https://plaid.com/how-it-works-for-consumers/

Plaid doesn’t charge you for our services

When you connect your financial accounts to an app like Venmo or Digit,
the app pays us a fee to enable that connection. We don’t charge you
for connecting your accounts.
</quote>

Information about the 'fee' can be found on https://plaid.com/pricing

So KMyMoney would have to pay? No way!