Additional msgctxt needed for KMyMoney translation

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 1 03:47:59 BST 2020

On 4/30/20 9:24 PM, Shinjo Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Korean translator here, and I need some additional message contexts for more
> accurate translation.
>
> Currently in kmymoney.pot file:
> #: kmymoney/dialogs/kequitypriceupdatedlg.ui:59
> #: kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneycashflowcombo.cpp:64
> #: kmymoney/widgets/transaction_p.h:82 kmymoney/widgets/transaction_p.h:84
> #, kde-format
> msgid "From"
>
> In kmymoney/dialogs/kequitypriceupdatedlg.ui, the word "From" is used as the
> pair From/To date range, while in kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneycashflowcombo.cpp
> and kmymoney/widgets/transaction_p.h the word "From" is used as the pair Pay
> to/From. We are translating them differently in Korean.
>
> #: kmymoney/dialogs/kavailablecurrencydlg.ui:52
> #: kmymoney/dialogs/kcurrencyeditdlg.ui:52
> #: kmymoney/dialogs/settings/ksettingsonlinequotes.cpp:84
> #: kmymoney/models/equitiesmodel.cpp:354 kmymoney/models/securitiesmodel.cpp:
> 275
> #: kmymoney/plugins/csv/import/investmentwizardpage.cpp:69
> #: kmymoney/plugins/csv/import/investmentwizardpage.ui:308
> #: kmymoney/plugins/csv/import/securitiesdlg.ui:77
> #, kde-format
> msgid "Symbol"
>
> Also, the "symbol" for a currency and the ticker "symbol" for a stock is
> translated differently in Korean.
>
> Please consider adding msgctxt for those strings.
>
> Shinjo
Shinjo,

Thank you very much for requesting clarification on these terms. It's
too late at night for me now to try this right now, but I will reply
within another day or so to provide better context.  (I handle the
documentation for KMyMoney, not the code, so I will also work with the
programmers to try to improve the context information for translators.)