KMyMoney 4.8.5 build fails with alkimia problem

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 17:15:06 BST 2020

On Sunday 21 June 2020 11:16:58 Jack wrote:
> On 6/21/20 10:56 AM, David Houlden wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to build kmymoney 4.8.5 git HEAD. It fails in make with error "alkimia/alkonlinequote.h no such file or directory"
> >
> > This looks like an alkimia version problem. I have 5.0.0 and have not yet managed to build a later version on my slackware 14.2 system. 5.0.0 used to be sufficient until commit 6da0bad "Use alkimia provided online quotes support".
> >
> > Cmake did not show any version problem. It output "Found LibAlkimia: /usr/lib64/cmake/LibAlkimia/LibAlkimiaConfig.cmake (found version "5.0.0")"
> >
> > Is it possible to use alkimia 5.0.0 now? Would it be possible to have an option whether to use alkimia's quotes support or use the old way?
> >
> > Thanks
> > David
>
> Hello David,
>
> Is there any reason you're not using KMM 5.1?  (5.0 branch has been
> frozen, with current development in 5.1 branch, and 5.1 released.)
> 5.0.0 is also rather old for libalkimia.  My Gentoo system has 7.0.2 and
> my Artix Linux has 8.0.2.  I don't see an actual minimum libalkimia
> required by 4.8.5, but it does require <6.0.0.
>
> Jack

Hello Jack

Simply because slackware is still on KDE4.

You say 4.8.5 requires libalkimia <6.0.0 and I have 5.0.0 which should be ok shouldn't it? Anyway, in the meantime I have managed to build libalkimia 8.0.1. This has enabled me to build KMyMoney HEAD from git. I am now trying it out but first impressions are not good. More about that later maybe.

Thanks
David