KMyMoney 4.8.5 build fails with alkimia problem

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 21 16:16:58 BST 2020

On 6/21/20 10:56 AM, David Houlden wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to build kmymoney 4.8.5 git HEAD. It fails in make with error "alkimia/alkonlinequote.h no such file or directory"
>
> This looks like an alkimia version problem. I have 5.0.0 and have not yet managed to build a later version on my slackware 14.2 system. 5.0.0 used to be sufficient until commit 6da0bad "Use alkimia provided online quotes support".
>
> Cmake did not show any version problem. It output "Found LibAlkimia: /usr/lib64/cmake/LibAlkimia/LibAlkimiaConfig.cmake (found version "5.0.0")"
>
> Is it possible to use alkimia 5.0.0 now? Would it be possible to have an option whether to use alkimia's quotes support or use the old way?
>
> Thanks
> David

Hello David,

Is there any reason you're not using KMM 5.1?  (5.0 branch has been
frozen, with current development in 5.1 branch, and 5.1 released.)
5.0.0 is also rather old for libalkimia.  My Gentoo system has 7.0.2 and
my Artix Linux has 8.0.2.  I don't see an actual minimum libalkimia
required by 4.8.5, but it does require <6.0.0.