Feature Request

kevin kevin at dronsfield.uk
Sat Jun 6 21:25:44 BST 2020

Mint 19.3 Cinnamon 4.4.8
KMyMoney 5.0.0  (Repository)   Linux (x86_64) release 5.3.0-53-generic

I have a big ask please.

I'm a relatively recent convert to Linux and a very recent KMyMoney
user, after 30+ years of Windows or (Wine) and Quicken 2004

My eyesight is failing badly but with most applications I get by very
well with a 26" monitor and the system lens function where necessary.
Most of the ledger displays on KMyMoney are great because there is a lot
of user control, one way or another. However, the 'New Transaction'
systems give me problems.

I don't seem to have any control of the fonts in the Transaction Form
and there is an additional difficulty in that it is at the very bottom
of the screen.  I find this position very difficult to focus on with the
monitor set up for normal use i.e. important stuff centre screen, just
below eye level.  In fact, a lot of KMM fine detail is tucked away in
the very bottom right corner which is even worse.  The low contrast (for
me) black on grey colour scheme doesn't help.

If I choose to add a new transaction directly, it is again very low on
the screen and there is an additional difficulty in the colour scheme.
The dark green highlighting really does distract badly from the text
colours used. d.

Any help at all with this problem would be appreciated but my preference
would be for the whole form to be a centre screen pop-up like the
current split transaction dialogue.  Perhaps even a permanent floating
dialogue as used for several functions in GIMP

After all that though I will use KMyMoney as my best replacement for
Quicken after quick trials of HomeBanking, GnuCash and Skrooge.  Many
thanks for that, and for any attention to the above request.

Regards

Kevin Dronsfield.