KMYMoney Help

Jesus Varela jvapr27 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 20:57:58 GMT 2020

Do we know if any of these sources offer apis to the data?

Screen scraping will become increasingly more difficult.

I imagine access to the APIs, if they exist, would cost something. Like
with one of my American banks, they allow for free ofx file download but if
I want my financial software to connect directly, they charge like $20 a
month.

See here it us:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/rapidapi.com/blog/how-to-use-the-yahoo-finance-api/amp/

They have an API. 500 free hits. As an application that would not be enough
for all the users. Options:
1. Can KDE capture the data daily? And store it in a cache? All kde users
can have that as a source option if only updating once a day.
2. Or Can it be programmed where we let every user request their own API
access key and they use it in their own instance? We would need a form to
capture the input from the user.

I have not applied for any API key. No idea what is required.

Thanks,

JV