Where to find this code

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 5 10:57:56 GMT 2020

Jesus,

On Sonntag, 5. Januar 2020 10:36:07 CET jvapr27 at gmail.com wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I found the code I was looking for. Thank you very much! I made my
> change, tested it, and it works the way I want it to. What is theprocess to bring up a 'change' as part of the core program?

Post your proposed change to https://phabricator.kde.org . The direct link to start a review is

  https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/diff/create/

Select "R261 KMyMoney" as Repository and assign #kmymoney as the reviewer (you may have to do that in a second step)

> Basically, I feel that the bar charts should not display the Expenses,
> nor Transfers, as negative values or plot them below 0 on the y-axis.
> The total should.
> I also think the Net flow report should include the transfers by
> default and only select the Assets accounts. This will show where the
> money came into the Assets and where it went out to.
>
> I do not know if I should file a bug since it is not a bug and the
> current reports probably work as intended originally. What I am
> suggesting may be a new report, that I would like to name Cash Flow
> Statement or Statement of Cash Flow. I know KMyMoney is not intended
> for Business use and the Statement of Cash Flow is a business report, I
> also find it useful to evaluate how much money comes into my personal
> accounts and how much goes out. Leaving me with a Net Profit or Loss
> for the period. When I pay money towards liabilities like a home
> mortgage, a standard income and expense statement will not show the
> affect of that transfer.
>
> Anyways, in summary, how do I make a suggestion for a change. Is it a
> bug?

The bugtracker also has a category of 'wishlist' which is used for that kind of change. It is called 'importance' in the b.k.o UI and usually set to 'normal'.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

'rm -rf' is a short-hand for 'read manual really fast'