Cross compiled snapshots

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Apr 17 16:04:06 BST 2020

Jack,

On Freitag, 17. April 2020 16:53:31 CEST Jack wrote:

> On 2020.04.17 05:13, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I found some time to update the snapshot page, which provides access
> > cross compiled kmymoney snapshots.
> >
> > See https://kmymoney.org/snapshots.php for details.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ralf
> Ralf,
>
> Do these include support for encryption?  I've been working on that,
> and it seems the main thing which needs to be added is pinentry.  I
> made a first pass at a blueprint, which does work, but probably needs
> to be tuned by someone who understands craft better than I do.
> However, with that installed, and manually configuring and starting
> gpg-agent, KMyMoney will properly save and open encrypted files.  What
> I have not figured out yet is how to be sure that gpg-agent will start
> automatically when needed, although I have not spent much time on that
> yet.  Let me know if you want me to send you a copy of that blueprint,
> or post it somewhere.

Why don't you send it here to the list? Then we can take care of it (or even
enhance the whole thing to start the agent when needed).

If you can elaborate on the "manual configuration and start of the agent" a bit
more I could spend some time to look into it.

Computer science terms (#095): PGP-Keysigning-Party
 The cult of sitting together and collectively mumbling magic numbers.
 -- Gert Doering