strange problems editing transactions after migrating to new PC

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 21 21:12:00 BST 2019

[trimming the old, since it is no longer relevant]

Well, I've managed to convince myself that the problem is not in any
KMM code, and not related to libalkimia.  It's clearly something in my
environment.  Logged in as myself, running locally, I see the problem
(several fields in the investment transaction form in the ledger seem
disabled.)  If I "ssh localhost" and run KMM, it runs fine.  Running as
a newly created  user, it runs fine locally or through ssh.  One
possible hint is that the KMM window looks different whether run
locally or through ssh - but that difference is the mostly same as both
users.  Running locally, many of the icons look different for each
user.  Run through ssh, icons look different from running locally, but
the same for both users.  However, I still can't think of what type of
graphical setting (theme, ...?) could even remotely cause a few
speicifc qt/kde display widgets to become disabled.  I'm still open to
suggestions for troubleshooting (I don't really want to try to recreate
my entire profile from scratch) and will probalby start asking in
plasma forums or lists.