Contribute localization to Trunk or Stable? Linux mobile plans?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Sep 19 17:28:23 BST 2019

Scott,

The stable 5.0 branch might be the way to go. It may later serve well as a basis for the stuff on master. Please see https://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ja if you haven't already.

> I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but since I'm mailing the list figured I'd ask now. What are the plans to have something that works on Plasma Mobile (or PureOS mobile)? KDE's app ecosystem is in the unique position compared to GNOME's official ecosystem in that there's a budgeting app. With the mobile Linux app ecosystem emerging shortly with the librem5 and PinePhone launches, there's an opportunity for KDE and KMyMoney to stand out from other offerings like GNUCash in having both a PC and mobile client thus attracting more users and contributors.

KMyMoney is pretty much based on widgets. Not sure how that fits into Plasma Mobile. There was once an approach to build an Android version but I don't know what happened to it.

When you say, 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows,'
people just stare at you blankly and say,
'Hey, I got those with the system, for free.' -- Linus Torvalds