strange problems editing transactions after migrating to new PC

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 9 22:02:52 BST 2019

I am in process of migrating to a new PC, so everything is newly
compiled from scratch (Gentoo Linux.)  Recently, I tried my first
monthly processing of my investment accounts on the new machine, and
found some serious problems.  I have now had the same issue with git
head 5.0 branch, 5.0.5, and 5.0.6.  I also have the same problem with
5.0.6 on my laptop using the Artix Linux package.

Starting with just one account, the OFX import seemed to go fine.  The
first few transactions (all dividends) seemed to go fine, as the
brokerage account, fees (none,) and interest category (Dividends) were
all already correct (possibly from matching previous transactions.)
Then I got one where the interest category was _Dividends, and when I
clicked on the interest dropdown, the cursor went directly to the memo
field.  The same happens clicking on the fees dropdown or clicking in
the Brokerage account field.  If I start with the transaction type, and
then tab through the fields, it skips those three fields.  I've also
noticed that when I click on the Fees or Interest dropdowns, any amounts
for those are selected, although the cursor will also not stay in either
of those fields.

Now, to make things really strange, if I am at my laptop (Artix) and ssh
into the new PC, I can run kmymoney, and everything seems to work just
fine.  When I open that file working directly on that PC, any changes I
made over ssh are still present, but I still can't select any of those
fields.  At least that gives me a way to complete my updates and
reconciliation, but I can't think of anything that would explain this
behavior.  I have not yet tried using ssh from the new PC to the laptop.

I'm hoping that just posting this will result in my immediately seeing
what I have done to cause this, but I'm not convinced it will be that
simple.  Any suggestions for troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated.