thanks for KMM v. 5.0.7

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 28 06:53:01 GMT 2019

Hi Micheal,

On Dienstag, 26. November 2019 18:21:14 CET Michael Berger wrote:

> Hello Thomas and all friends of KMM,
>
> Thomas, first of all I am extremely grateful for your efforts to make
> KMM function as before. I am heavily involved in maintaining quite a
> number of  bank accounts for family and friends.
> Accessing (VoBa Hessen) bank accounts from within KMM is extremely
> helpful, inter alia when preparing tax declarations. Assigning
> categories to entries for example is very valuable to me.
>
> KMM 5.0.7 is not yet available in openSUSE Leap which is my prefered
> application but I can use it in Mageia7. Not a problem because I am
> using removable disks and switching between the two is just a matter of
> seconds.

You can always use the stable AppImage version which should work on any Linux distro.
You can find it at https://kmymoney.org/appimage.php

> However, there remains another issue in KMM 5.0.7 in the Price editor
> which I have reported to you some time ago.
> 1 EURO = IDR 15.530,00 and accordingly 1 IDR =  EURO 0,0000707662
> However KMM shows: 1 IDR = EURO 7,07662xxx which then has to be manually
> corrected.

This has been corrected in 5.0.6

commit 7860a61708df1dc18e99694cfa4d123d95958585
Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
Date:   Thu Jul 11 15:15:08 2019 +0200

    Use a higher price precision for Indonesian Rupiah

    The default of 4 decimals is not enough for prices of the Indonesian
    Rupiah. So I lifted the default to 10 decimals for new files. For
    existing files and older versions of the application one can use the
    currency editor to adjust the value manually.

and I remember that the problem could be solved by changing the precision manually in existing files as mentioned in the commit message. Can you please check if that helps in your case too?

> Same goes for other currencies like the exchange rate 1 IDR : US$ which
> returns 7,09669xxx.
>
> As I said not a big problem (to me) but maybe you find the time to
> attend to this.
>
> Thanks again and all the best,

Same to you.

'Software is like sex: it's better when it's free' (Linus Torvalds)