Feedback

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed May 29 18:16:45 BST 2019

Am 29.05.19 um 10:28 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> On Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2019 01:39:18 CEST Chris Shattock wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm a Windows user. (Sorry, but there are apps I depend on which have not
>> been ported to Linux and I can't find a Linux equivalent.) I'm looking to
>> move away from Quicken.
>>
>> I find lots of information directed at Linux users. Even in your manual, it
>> is hard to know whether the comments made about how things look in KDE also
>> apply to Windows, as there is nothing to about the Windows version.
>>
>> I went to the Win 64 download area and found 6 options: two compressed and
>> one .exe for each of what appear to be two releases -- 4.8.3-3.1 and
>> 4.8.3-3.7. Both have the same "last modified" time and date against them. I
>> can't find any information which will help me decide which of the two I
>> should download.
> I agree here, regarding installable Windows versions there is a bit of a 'mess'.
>
> Currently, there are two different build environments
>
> a) the KDE build server
> b) the OBS (OpenSUSE Build Server)
>
> which create windows binaries.
>
> The former does that for the current 5.0 stable branch https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/ and master https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Nightly_win64/ on a daily basis on an MSVC based build environment. A MinGW based build environments is also available, but currently disabled due to some other broken package we rely on.
>
> From the latter, version for the KDE4/Qt4 based 4.8 version as well as KF5/Qt5 based 5.0 version are available, though they are hard to find if not linked from some place (this is my personal impression and I might not have found the right search tool yet).

32bit

https://software.opensuse.org/package/mingw32-kmymoney5-installer

https://software.opensuse.org/package/mingw32-kmymoney5-portable

64bit

https://software.opensuse.org/package/mingw64-kmymoney5-installer

https://software.opensuse.org/package/mingw64-kmymoney5-portable

Currently you need to click on "show test packages" to see releases.
Then click on "download"

> Guess, we have to clean this up e.g. by creating a windows specific download page.

kmymoney binary releases for Windows are build on obs and released at
https://download.kde.org/stable/kmymoney e.g.
https://download.kde.org/stable/kmymoney/4.8.3/

Ralf