Matching OFX Import - Changes Transaction Date

Jack ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Sat May 25 00:11:36 BST 2019

On 5/24/19 6:12 PM, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> I'm importing an OFX file for a 401(k) account (retirement account at
> work). The transactions are not reported on the date of the paycheck,
> sometimes they are record close to a week later. When I import the
> transactions and they match with the category in the paycheck entry in
> my savings account, the date of the paycheck transaction in my savings
> account is changed. This happens when they match automatically and
> when I tighten the import date matching criteria and match them manually.
>
> Is there any way to prevent this? The paycheck deposit date should not
> be changed. It's screwing up that account.
>
> ----
> Brendan Coupe

This is another one I've also run into, in my case with checking and
credit card accounts.  I prefer to keep my KMM accounts using
transaction date, but the imported settlement date or post date of the
bank always overrides the manually entered date.  I think I put in a
wishlist about this, but I'm not sure.  It makes sense if you are trying
to have your KMM account exactly match the institution's account, but
not everybody does that.