Matching OFX Import - Changes Transaction Date

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Fri May 24 23:12:06 BST 2019

I'm importing an OFX file for a 401(k) account (retirement account at
work). The transactions are not reported on the date of the paycheck,
sometimes they are record close to a week later. When I import the
transactions and they match with the category in the paycheck entry in my
savings account, the date of the paycheck transaction in my savings account
is changed. This happens when they match automatically and when I tighten
the import date matching criteria and match them manually.

Is there any way to prevent this? The paycheck deposit date should not be
changed. It's screwing up that account.

----
Brendan Coupe