Unable to close investment accounts

Jack ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Fri May 24 22:03:55 BST 2019

On 5/24/19 4:38 PM, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> I'm running KMM from the 5.0 branch compiled last week.
>
> I'm trying to close two investment accounts associated with two
> brokerage accounts. I was able to close the associated brokerage accounts.
>
> When I mouse over the "Close account" button on the toolbar the tool
> tip says:
>
> "All subaccounts must be closed before the account can be closed".
>
> In both accounts the "Investment value" at the bottom right is $0.00.
>
> Does this mean I have to close all of the individual investments in
> the account? There are many so this is not trivial and I'm not sure
> why this would be required.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ----
> Brendan Coupe

I can't say why it's required, but I can confirm (from doing the same
thing recently) that, yes, all equities/securities in the investment
account must be closed first.  I believe that if you select the
investment view, you can right click on an investment and select "Close
account."  Perhaps it's worth filing a wish-list to either not require
closing them, or to do a cascade close or create some way to
"multi-close" them to make it easier to accomplish.