external programs - still used?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Mar 30 06:28:22 GMT 2019

Jack,

On Samstag, 30. März 2019 01:31:54 CET Jack Ostroff wrote:

> On the Configure KMyMoney dialog, General section, General tab, the
> last section is "External programs" with only one entry - for
> "Calculator".  I have tried putting the path to various programs in
> there - with no apparent effect.  Is this actually used at all?  After
> setting this and bringing up the calculator to enter some amount, I
> still get the default pop-up calculator.

It works a bit different: you can add an action to the toolbar which will open this calculator. It is not meant to replace the built in pop-up calculator. On the attached image you see the calculator action in the toolbar and how it is configured. The entry of the external program defines which program will be started when you press the button. BTW, I use this action rather often to start calculations that are not amout oriented.

Thomas

There's a fine line between a numerator and denominator.
Only a fraction of people will get the joke.