Citi Credit Card OFX Import Nightmare

Jeff Barlow jeff at wb6csv.net
Thu Mar 28 17:57:32 GMT 2019

On 3/26/19 9:59 AM, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> That would not surprise me since I switched to KMM 5 around the same time.
>
> A simple test is to download 2 oxf files from Citi. One with the current
> billing cycle and one that has a shorter range with fewer transactions.
> If you don't get duplicates then verify that the same transaction in
> each has a different FITID number (diff -y). It might help to also see
> what KMM is using as the bankid for the same transaction.
>
> Thanks for your data point. When is the last time you tried direct
> connect? I'm hoping they fix this but haven't tried in a couple of months.
>
> ----
> Brendan Coupe

Okay... I tried direct connect... still broken.

Also after tinkering a bit with the date range of the download I'm
seeing the same sort of transaction matching issue that you are. It
looks to me like Citi is generating the FITID numbers on the fly such
that they are unique only within a given download. I wasn't seeing the
issue at first only because I was repeatedly looking at the same
(default) date range.

--
Later,
Jeff