Net Worth Report - Closed Accounts

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 3 08:35:10 GMT 2019

Brendan,

On Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2019 01:43:15 CET Brendan Coupe wrote:

> I'm running a 2 day old version of KMM from the master branch on Fedora 29.
>
> I closed a few accounts in the past 12 months. When I run a Net Worth
> Report for the past 12 months and I click the "All" button in the
> accounts filter tab the report includes the closed accounts. The
> closed accounts are not displayed in the list of accounts in tthe same
> tab.

Yes, KMyMoney uses all accounts that have a reference to at least one transaction in the reporting period.

> If I then uncheck one or more accounts in the account filter tab the
> closed accounts are no longer included in the report.

Yes, KMyMoney then only shows the selected accounts with transactions in the reporting period. The closed ones are not selected and thus don't show.

> It seems like there should be an option to include closed accounts or
> not include closed accounts with either "All" accounts or with only
> some of the accounts.

A better way would be to have a local option for reports to show them or not. More on that below.

> Am I missing something?

Yes, I think so. Try to turn off "Settings/General/Filter/Do not show closed accounts" which will bring the closed accounts to the selection lists. I agree, "View/Show all accounts" should work as well, but for some reason it doesn't.

'I used *that other operating system* (now to be considered
open source? <g>) for some years' - anonymous source