Feature Request Split Transaction with Multiselect

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Jan 1 14:36:33 GMT 2019

Rudolf,

On Dienstag, 1. Januar 2019 09:14:38 CET Rudolf Schmidt wrote:

> I need that for VAT purposes.
>
> For all incoming expenses I want to take my German 19% VAT back that is
> in the price included.
>
> If that is a corner case, then imho kmymoney is not a serious tool, with
> all respect.

In general, the VAT feature is certainly not a corner case, but selecting multiple transactions at once it is - at least to me. Hence I want to understand your workflow to be able to see if your task can be performed in a different way.

BTW: I use this feature for the very same purpose here, so I understand what you are trying to achieve. You not only need to track expenses, but also income where the same rules apply.

So the question I have is, how did you end up with multiple transactions not having a VAT assignment and how often do you think you need this multiple transaction VAT assignment in the future? How do you enter transactions into KMyMoney?

Regards

Thomas

> On 12/31/18 4:44 PM, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Montag, 31. Dezember 2018 05:51:14 CET Rudolf Schmidt wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Jack,
> >>
> >> yea sure, I give an example.
> >>

> >> I create an asset as account receivable for getting vat that I have paid
> >> on behalf of my company back.
> >>
> >> So if I pay for my internet connection like 30€ a months, 19% of that
> >> money should go to the account receivable and the rest should go as an
> >> expense.
> >>
> >> I can do that with a split.
> >>

> >> Fortunately you have already a kind of automatism that works for that.
> >> Maybe you can rename it a little bit because you can split not only VATs
> >> for that but also to split income shares etc.
> >>
> >> My created asset account receivable I make as an vat account with 19%.
> >>
> >> My expense internet connection I assign to the vat account.
> >>
> >> So if I assign any transaction to my expense internet connection I get a
> >> split with a calculation for vat and the expense itself.
> >>
> >> Thats fine and that is what I want.
> >>

> >> If I select multiple transactions to assign all to the same category
> >> (that works normally) I get the assignment to the correct category but
> >> the automatic split to the vat account doesn't happen. That is the bug here.
> >>

> >> Hope its more clear now, please do not hesitate to ask or comment if
> >> something is not clear.
> > In which case do you need to process multiple transactions this way? AFAICS, this can only happen in case your books are not à jour and you have to fix something. Looks to me like a corner case.

I can break things just fine by myself,
I don't need (KDE) 4.2 to help me. -- Bill Suit