Where to find this code

jvapr27 at gmail.com jvapr27 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 16:46:44 GMT 2019

Thanks Jack!
This is what I see in the ccmake:
 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE                 Debugfull

                        CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE             ON

                                               CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
         /usr/bin/c++

MAKE_CXX_COMPILER_AR            /usr/bin/gcc-
ar

                                                CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_RANL
IB        /usr/bin/gcc-
ranlib

                                                CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG            -

                                                            CMAKE_CXX_F
LAGS_DEBUGFULL

            CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_MINSIZEREL       -Os
-DNDEBUG

                                                         CMAKE_CXX_FLAG
S_RELEASE          -O2
-DNDEBUG

                                                         CMAKE_CXX_FLAG
S_RELWITHDEBINFO   -O2 -g
-DNDEBUG

                                                      CMAKE_DLLTOOL
                CMAKE_DLLTOOL-
NOTFOUND

                                               CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS

MAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUG

                      CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_DEBUGFU

                                             CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_MIN
SIZE

                                                                    CMA
KE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELEASE

                    CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_RELWITH

I tried the new cmake line to see if that stops any optimization, but
truly, I don't know where to do that. With what Jack said, I see those
options in ccmake, but should I change anything? DEBUGFULL has nothing
as a value.  What I don't see is a CMAKE_C_FLAGS, not sure if that is
missing or just not needed on my system.

It does seem that now the debuger Step-Over function in kdevelop works
better. So maybe it worked. I need to test it more.

Still, I notice weird things, like in this image below. I stepped over
a boolean variable assignment, which sets it to true, but when I hover
over it, it says its value is false. The debug cursor is past the point
where the assignment was made. Why? Is this a kdevelop issue or maybe I
just do not understand how this tool works yet. I thought the hover
over would display the current value in the variable.

Also, notice the qDebug() did not print on the application output. I
did set up my application launcher in kdevelop, and debug launcher as
Thomas showed in his screenshots. The only thing different was that I
had an application target set, where he had an executeable. I updated
mine to match his.

If anyone has an more insights, please let me know.

I appreciate the time and assistance.

thanks,

JV