Upcoming KMyMoney maintenance release

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 10 17:23:57 BST 2019

Dear KMyMoney translators,

the German online banking users have received notice from their banks that due
to EU regulations, from mid-September onwards (Sept 14th) the banking client
software has to use a registered product key, otherwise the bank server
connection will be refused.

I have processed the necessary registration and updated KMyMoney to support
sending the product key in the last couple of days.

Now it is time to get this out into the wild. Since we added one or two strings
in this release, I wanted to let you know about it so that you can take a look at
their translation until then.

   Therefor, an immediate string freeze is in effect on the KMyMoney 5.0 branch.

I plan to do the 5.0.6 release no later than August 18th. I know this is only a few days
left, but I don't want to loose more time until this mid-September deadline hits us.

If there are any objections, please let me know.

Thanks for all your great support and work.

Regards

Thomas

'Software is like sex: it's better when it's free' (Linus Torvalds)