Citi Credit Card OFX Import Nightmare

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Mon Apr 8 17:18:52 BST 2019

I'm close to the end of the statement period which means by default I
get a lot of transactions that I'd have to rematch. Instead I
simulated the different FITID numbers for a few recent transactions in
2 different QFX files and it worked fine.

My concern is remembering which method is used on each account.
Setting the default for accounts with direct connect would not help
with the accounts that I have to import manually so I'm not sure how
to do this. Is there any way to autodetect transactions that used the
hash in an account? I don't see anything in the kmy file that makes it
obvious how the hash works.

I will test this in more detail once the new statement period starts
in the coming week.

Changing the matching to the hash option on my investment account does
not help. Thomas, please remind me how to keep the direct connect OFX
file around so I can try to figure out what is going wrong there. This
is a new issue so the bank probably changed something.

I've noticed something odd while constantly matching transactions. If
I match 2 transactions that have nothing set for the reconcile state
(neither has been marked cleared) the resulting transaction is marked
cleared. Not sure if this is intended or if there is a setting I'm
missing to stop this from happening. I don't think this was the
behavior in KMM 4.8.

----
Brendan Coupe