Citi Credit Card OFX Import Nightmare

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 7 08:25:01 BST 2019

On Sonntag, 31. März 2019 20:08:41 CEST Brendan Coupe wrote:

> Running this command on the QFX (probably OFX) file zeros out the last
> 4 digits of the FITID value.
>
> sed -ri 's/(\<FITID\>.*)[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]/\10000/' CitiVisa.qfx
>
> When importing nothing matches so I deleted the old transactions in
> KMM and hopefully this will prevent future duplication. Not sure if
> duplicate FITID numbers will cause any other issues since all
> transactions that happen on the same date now have the same FITID
> number.
>
> I have always had a similar problem with one of my investment banks
> and now it's happening with the other one. Since they use direct
> connect it's not as easy to fix. Shortening the download period to 3
> days helps but it also means I can easily miss transactions.
>
> Thomas, please remind my how to save the ofx file that is downloaded
> with direct connect in KMM 5. I want to compare the files to see if
> it's the same issue.

I just added a new method which replaces the usage of the FITID for those banks that screw up on its generation. It is available in both, the master and the 5.0 branch. Would be cool if you can give it a try and report back.

Hopefully, this helps to solve your serious problems.

In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates?