Upcoming KMyMoney release 5.0.2

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Sep 28 07:47:38 BST 2018

Hi,

in the meantime we learned though, that the DB backend stuff is broken to some extent and I don't know if it is a good idea to release something that we now does not work as expected. I should probably issue a postpone notice but am currently swamped with work work. Hopefully, I can thing about what to do over the weekend.

Any help to fix/test the 5.0 branch is highly welcome though.

Thomas

On Donnerstag, 27. September 2018 18:22:12 CEST Jack wrote:

> The original schedule for 5.0.2 set the target release date for 23
> September.  I believe the 5.0 branch of git was in a stable enough
> state at that time, so I believe it's now just a question of one of the
> developers officially declaring the release, setting tha tag in git,
> making the official tarball available, as well as the Windows installer
> tarball, and then making the official release announcement.  I have not
> heard of any last minute issues, so it should likely happen within the
> next days or week, but it does depend on the developers' available time.
>
> Jack
>
> On 2018.09.27 12:02, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> > I'm not a developer and I have no idea when 5.0.2 will be released
> > but I
> > think all of the bug notifications that have been sent out recently
> > are
> > simply someone trying to close old bugs. Most of the bugs appear to
> > be in
> > old versions of KMM. Andrew Crouthamel has given the original
> > submitter 15
> > days to update the status or the bugs will have their status changed
> > resolved. I suspect this is not impacting the release of 5.0.2 much.
> >
> > ----
> > Brendan Coupe
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:02 AM Stefan Vater <st.vater at web.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am a happy user of kmymoney, and I  am curious about all the
> > recent bug
> > > fixes. What happened to the 5.0.2 release? Has it been delayed to a
> > later
> > > time? Anyway, thanks a lot for all your efforts!
> > >
> > > Stefan
> > >
> > > Am Sonntag, 2. September 2018, 15:32:54 CEST schrieb Thomas
> > Baumgart:

> > the
> > be in a
> > tests. The

> > please let
> > > us

The only 'intuitive' interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
 -- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces