Trouble compiling KMM 5.0 and Master Branch on new Fedora 29 system

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Tue Nov 13 00:22:00 GMT 2018

It failed when I ran cmake. I never ran make after the failure when I was
compiling manually.

During all of this testing I compiled from the 5.0.1 and the 5.0.2 tar
files. cmake gives a nice summary table when it's done (Configure results
(user options):) and 5.0.2 does not. See the end of the output below.

Is there any way to get the nice output from 5.0.2 and when compiling from
git? I like the table format, it's much easier to read.

================
5.0.1
================
-- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR - Success

-------- KMyMoney 5.0.0 --------

Configure results (user options):
GpgME Encryption:                        yes

KDE PIM holidays:                        yes

KDE PIM addressbook:                     yes

OFX plugin:                              yes
  OFX supports CLIENTUID:                yes

KBanking plugin:                         yes

weboob plugin:                           no

iCalendar export plugin:                 yes

SQLCipher plugin:                        no

QWebEngine:                              no

Configure results (developer options):
Qt-Designer library support:             no

Generate modeltest code:                 no

Generate API documentation with Doxygen: yes

Build type: RelWithDebInfo
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/usr/local/src/kmm/temp/kmymoney-5.0.1/build

================
================
================
5.0.2
================
-- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR - Success

Build type: RelWithDebInfo
-- The following REQUIRED packages have not been found:

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:

-- The following features have been enabled:
 * Encryption, It allows encrypting your financial data.
 * Doxygen, Generate API documentation with Doxygen (for devs only).
 * Address book, It allows fetching payee information from KDE PIM system.
 * Holidays, It allows fetching holidays from KDE PIM system.
 * Forecast view, It adds possibility to calculate forecasts.
 * Reports view, It adds possibility to display chart and table reports.
 * Budget view, It adds possibility to plan a budget.
 * Online job outbox view, It adds outbox for sending online jobs.
 * SQL Storage, It allows storing your financial data in SQL database.
 * OFX Importer, It allows importing OFX files (have client uid version:
yes)
 * KBanking, Interface for the following online banking protocols: HBCI,
EBICS, OFX Direct Connect, Paypal
 * iCalendar, iCalendar integration.
 * QIF Importer, It allows importing QIF files.
 * QIF Exporter, It allows exporting QIF files.
 * GNC Importer, It allows importing GNUCash files.
 * CSV Importer, It allows importing CSV files.
 * CSV Exporter, It allows exporting CSV files.

-- The following features have been disabled:
 * SQLCipher, It allows encrypting your SQLite3 database.
 * IBAN/BIC data, Adds predefined IBAN/BIC numbers to KMyMoney (note:
doesn't work yet).
 * Weboob, Online banking interface using Weboob.
 * Model test, Generate modeltest code (for devs only).
 * QtDesigner, Qt-Designer library support (for devs only).

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/usr/local/src/kmm/temp/kmymoney-5.0.2/build

----
Brendan Coupe

----
Brendan Coupe

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

> The build option that is not supported is doing the build right in the
> top source dir, called an "in source" build.  Having the build dir
> below that or outside that are both OK as far as I can tell.  Both are
> called "out of source builds" or something like that.  If you build
> from tar or clean up the whole thing after building from a git clone,
> then your way make perfect sense.  I maintain my copy of the git
> repository, and alternately check out master and 5.0 branches.  I have
> several build directories - for master vs. 5.0, for debug on or off,
> for testing ninja vs. make, etc.  I actually have more than one
> directory to install different versions at the same time.  In my case
> making build directories within the repository would probably work, but
> I prefer to keep the source tree clean.  I'm also not sure if I would
> need to put anything in .gitignore to keep "git status" from pointing
> out all the "extraneous" stuff.
>
> The thing that changed might have been either cmake or make.  It is
> make that is failing, but it is possible that cmake changed how it
> writes out that makefile.  As long as we now know what the issue is, we
> can avoid it, and recognize it if anyone else complains in the future.
> I wish I had enough spare time to try it with various versions of both
> make and cmake, but reality says that is not going to happen.
>
> Jack
>
> On 2018.11.12 18:15, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> > I agree, something appears to have changed in the most recent version
> > of cmake.
> >
> > My build directory has always been added to the source directory. I
> > think you've questioned that before but Thomas is the one that told
> > me to do it that way and he came to the rescue and said it's fine and
> > I think it's how he does it. cmake is what fails. I can try moving
> > the build directory outside of the source with the : in the directory
> > name for the source but not the build but I'm pretty tired of
> > compiling it right now:-) It's not a great long term option since I
> > compile fairly often and have to clean up the old versions. That
> > would double my clean up.
> >
> > I'm back to running a fresh build from the master so I'm happy.
> >
> > ----
> > Brendan Coupe
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu>
> > wrote:

> > happen if
> > haven't
> > > Got it (sort of).  the relevant error occurs when cmake runs gmake
> > > (symlink from make) on the Makefile it creates to compile the cxx
> > > program which tests for the presence of libIcal.
> > >
> > > gmake[2]: Entering directory

'/local/data/jack/KDE/KMM/kmymoney-MASTER-2018.11.12-13:15:37/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
> > > CMakeFiles/cmTC_98fb0.dir/build.make:64: *** target pattern
> > contains no
> > > '%'.  Stop.
> > >
> > > A bit of googling says that error is perhaps not well worded, but
> > does
> > > occur because of the colon in the path name in line 64 of that
> > > build.make file (buried under CMakeTmp.)  The colon confuses the
> > make
> > > about what rule it is trying to deal with on that line.
> > >
> > > Because your script has worked for years, I suspect either something
> > > may have changed in a recent version of make, or perhaps you have
> > moved
> > > the build dir from outside to under the src dir?

> > builds I
> > the
> > been

> > compiling
> > worked
> > F29

> > from

> > of
> > downloaded
> > not
> > the
> > zip/tar
> > top
> > the

> > certain)
> > switch.

> > have
> > git
> > is

> > without any
> > on
> > git???
> > some bad
> > tool.
> > files and
> > head

> > either
> > there

> > --all-other-parameters

> > places.

> > hope:-)

> > output

> > cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake:59
> > in

> > -Wno-dev to

/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt
> > cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake:59

> > -Wno-dev to

/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt
> > cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake:59
> > in

> > -Wno-dev to

/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt
> > detection

/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt

"/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

"/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt

> > /usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/CMakeLists.txt

/usr/local/src/kmm/kmymoney-5.0-2018.11.07-18:23:12/cmake/modules/FindPythonModule.cmake