Trouble compiling KMM 5.0 and Master Branch on new Fedora 29 system

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 8 00:42:38 GMT 2018

On 2018.11.07 19:22, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> weboob errors seem to be unfixable in Fedora. I think they have been
> around for a while, I found them in previous requests for help. I
> don' think they have anything to do with the compile failing. not
> sure if they cause any of the weird behavior I was seeing. I will try
> to resurrect an old F28 system. I'm hoping the repos have 5.0.2 soon
> since I'm currently running 5.0.1 and dealing with old problems that
> have been fixed.
I agree weboob is not relevant here.

> Is this the detection program you are talking about:
> cmake/modules/FindLibical.cmake
No, the .cmake program tells cmake where to look for stuff, and how to
set various variables used later in the cmake run.  To actually check,
cmake creates a .c program (using hints and info from the .cmake file,
and then tries to compile and link it.  (Some checks might be done with
pkg_config)  Normally that fails if libical isn't found, or isn't a
high enough version, for example.  Your error says " Unable to compile
or run the libical version detection program." which seems like a
different sort of problem.  I would look through the cmake --help
output to see what parameters might provide additional details about
what is actually failing.

> Line 75 is the source of the message.
> gcc.x86_64                                  8.2.1-4.fc29
>          @updates
> gcc-c++.x86_64                              8.2.1-4.fc29
>          @updates
> gcc-gdb-plugin.x86_64                       8.2.1-4.fc29
>          @updates
> libgcc.x86_64                               8.2.1-4.fc29
>          @updates
This, however, might be the issue.  I'll have to try installing gcc 8
and see how it works for me.  As a temporary fix, you might try using
gcc 7.

Jack