plugin problem with newly compiled KMM from git master

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 22:47:10 UTC 2018

In trying to track down the printing problem recently filed as a bug,
I'm having a problem debugging plugins.  As far as I can tell, printing
of reports is handled by KReportsView::slotPrintView() in
kmymoney/plugins/views/reports/kreportsview.cpp.  Unfortunately, I
can't figure out how to get gdb to set a breakpoint in that file,
probably because it is a plugin and not part of the program itself.  If
anyone can provide any hints or pointers on suitable instructions, I'd
appreciate it.

One interesting thing, however, is that if I print to file, and
~/print.pdf does not exists, the print simply fails silently.  If that
file exists, I do get the prompt asking if I want to overwrite, but
even if I say yes, it does not do so.

I'm also still looking to see if I can find any other problems with
printing from other KDE applications, but I haven't found anything so
far.