New segfault with git head master

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jun 8 12:02:59 UTC 2018

Jack,

On Freitag, 8. Juni 2018 03:43:36 CEST Jack Ostroff wrote:

> I was very happy when my emails with Thomas led me to figure out the
> cause of my problems with some OFX imports seeming to create
> transactions I could not edit because KMM claimed that the category
> used was a closed account.  In fact, the bug was that KMM was reporting
> the wrong account as being closed, and Thomas has already committed a
> patch to fix that problem.  Unfortunately, since that time, any copy of
> KMM I have compiled from git master head has segfaulted, either simply
> file, and creating an account does not trigger the crash.  I have
> recompiled multiple times, and I am at least certain of this:
>
> git commit 380e9d60 (current git head) does segfault
> git commit 12b53c99 (about the time I discovered the cause of my issue)
> does not crash (but reports the wrong account as closed.
>
> Tomorrow I will start bisecting to find the commit that actually causes
> the crash.  I will also continue my so far unsuccessful attempts to get
> a useful backtrace, to see if that points to the cause.  Any
> suggestions or hints to speed the process will be appreciated.  I'll
> report back as soon as I have any more useful information.

That would certainly be helpful. I don't see any problems with those changes here at all. I did a

thb at thb-nb:~/devel/kmymoney (master *)$ git log 12b53c99..380e9d60 | grep Author | sort -u
Author: l10n daemon script <scripty at kde.org>
Author: Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>

and doubt that scripty causes the trouble ;)

I currently use

g++-6 (SUSE Linux) 6.2.1 20160826 [gcc-6-branch revision 239773]

for building.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
God is real... unless declared an integer