New segfault with git head master

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Fri Jun 8 01:43:36 UTC 2018

I was very happy when my emails with Thomas led me to figure out the
cause of my problems with some OFX imports seeming to create
transactions I could not edit because KMM claimed that the category
used was a closed account.  In fact, the bug was that KMM was reporting
the wrong account as being closed, and Thomas has already committed a
patch to fix that problem.  Unfortunately, since that time, any copy of
KMM I have compiled from git master head has segfaulted, either simply
file, and creating an account does not trigger the crash.  I have
recompiled multiple times, and I am at least certain of this:

git commit 380e9d60 (current git head) does segfault
git commit 12b53c99 (about the time I discovered the cause of my issue)
does not crash (but reports the wrong account as closed.

Tomorrow I will start bisecting to find the commit that actually causes
the crash.  I will also continue my so far unsuccessful attempts to get
a useful backtrace, to see if that points to the cause.  Any
suggestions or hints to speed the process will be appreciated.  I'll
report back as soon as I have any more useful information.