too large file

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 27 18:58:37 BST 2018

On 07/27/2018 01:37 PM, jose javier wrote:
> I have been using KmyMoney for several years and the file has been
> growing and growing and I would like to know if there is any way to
> "archive" a part of it and continue with my finances, let's say since
> 2017 so that it is a smaller file.
> Thank you very much.
KMyMoney does not currently have any such function.  It has been
discussed many times on the mailing list, and I believe there is a
wishlist filed at bugs.kde.org.  I think the main issue is that there
are far too many higher priority issues for the limited amount of
developer time available.  It will probably happen eventually, but not
likely in the near term

Also - when you say "too large file" I would ask too large for what?
Are you actually having any problems because of the size of the file?
Many of the developers also have many years of data in their personal
files, and do not have any problems because of the file size.