Encrypted File Problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jul 22 11:04:02 BST 2018

Hi,

On Sonntag, 22. Juli 2018 00:33:58 CEST Jack wrote:

> One major difference between the 5.0 branch and master is that a lot of
> work has been done moving a lot more of the basic functionality into
> plugins.  That's why xmlstorage.so is only present when you compile
> from master, and not from 5.0.  The fact that you see the problem in
> both cases, suggests that the migration to the plugin didn't affect
> that bit of code where the failure occurs.  That you find some
> difference in behavior suggests that some of the code was changed in
> the move to using a plugin for basic file storage.

Correct, and the installation seems to have worked.

BTW: I have just turned off GPG encryption in the settings and opened my encrypted file. That means if everything is in place as it needs to be, then this setting does not affect loading already encrypted files. This works as designed. So it loading fails for Brendan this has another reason.

What is the output of the following command on both machines (where it works and where it doesn't):

   % ps ax | grep gpg-agent

> I'm about to try compiling from the 5.0 branch to see if I have any
> problems there.

There is no difference in the encryption handling between 5.0 and master (other than the code has been moved into a plugin). In general, the code in master is working. So we just have to find out why it is failing on Brendan's machine.

Ok, one more thing: please send me the following file from your (master) build-directory

   ./kmymoney/plugins/xml/libkgpgfile/CMakeFiles/kgpgfile.dir/kgpgfile.cpp.o

for further analysis?

Regards

Thomas

> On 2018.07.21 18:17, Brendan Coupe wrote:
> > I removed my compiled version and installed from the Fedora 28 repo.
> > It behaves exactly like the version I compiled from the 5.0 branch and
> > the plugins are the same. I did verify the the plugins directory was
> > empty after my uninstall.
> >
> > ----
> > Brendan Coupe
> >

> > On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 4:13 PM, Brendan Coupe
> > <brendan at coupeware.com> wrote:
> > > On the 5.0 branch, for what it's worth:
> > >
> > > ls /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kmymoney/
> > >
> > > checkprinting.so
> > > csvexporter.so
> > > csvimporter.so
> > > gncimporter.so
> > > icalendarexporter.so
> > > kbanking.so
> > > kcm_checkprinting.so
> > > kcm_csvimporter.so
> > > kcm_icalendarexporter.so
> > > kcm_qif.so
> > > konlinetasks_sepa.so
> > > ofximporter.so
> > > payeeidentifier_iban_bic_delegates.so
> > > payeeidentifier_ibanbic_storageplugin.so
> > > payeeidentifier_nationalaccount_storageplugin.so
> > > payeeidentifier_nationalAccount_ui.so
> > > qifexporter.so
> > > qifimporter.so
> > > reconciliationreport.so
> > >

> > > ----
> > > Brendan Coupe

> > the
> > mention

> > on, created a
> > the encrypted

> > case what
> > since when
> > keys I didn't

> > plugin
> > suggestion, do
> > xmlstorage.so.

> > in the
> > which is

> > seems to

Memory's the second thing to go ... Can't remember the first.