Encrypted File Problem

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Fri Jul 20 18:59:00 BST 2018

I enter the passphrase in the console when I decrypt manually on both
my desktop and laptop.

I normally run LXDE but I tried from KDE & GNOME and had the same problem.

I made sure all of the package groups on my laptop are installed on my
desktop. I have not compared package to package yet.

gpg-agent is running on both.

Keep in mind this is two problems. Encryption is completely missing
from the KMM settings on my desktop. It's there on my laptop. I am
able to encrypted files on my laptop but I can not open them with KMM.

1) What causes KMM to not include the encryption settings tab in the
KMM settings (my desktop)?

2) What prevents KMM from recognizing a file is just encrypted when I
try to open it the next time (my laptop)?

----
Brendan Coupe