missing icons in 5.0?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jan 27 15:56:53 UTC 2018

Jack,

On Freitag, 26. Januar 2018 16:31:43 CET Jack Ostroff wrote:

> I'm slowly working my way through updating all the screenshots in the
> manual, but many of the images are actually just icons used by the
> program, so it's easier for me to just use the same icon file instead
> of trying to capture an image from the screen.  However, there seem to
> be a few which are not showing up for me.
>
> - tags icon in the view selector  (named mail-tagged.png in 4.8) - used
> for the Outbox item (last or next last item in views selection)
> - many icons on the tool bar, including New, Open..., Save, Print.
>
> I know not all of those are needed for the manual, but I'm curious why
> they are not displayed by the program - is it a compile problem, are
> they missing from source, or are they missing somewhere else on my
> system?  They do show up when I run 4.8.1.

Maybe Lukasz can shed some light on the icon issue. He changed that recently.

> I also see "New ledger" as the last item in the views selection - am I
> correct that this will disappear when the new ledger code is completed
> and replaces the old ledger code?

You should make sure that ENABLE_UNFINISHEDFEATURES is set to OFF in cmake
(this is the default for release). Then this icon will not be available. And
yes, once finished it will move up and replace the current ledger.

https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
Real programmers don’t write workarounds. They tell their users
to upgrade their software. -- Shlomi Fish