Error Connecting to MySQL DB 4.8.1.1

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 25 09:31:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sonntag, 25. Februar 2018 06:53:18 CET El Cas wrote:

> I have the DB on a separate server so that might be the reason why it did
> not get upgraded. I am trying to login using Kubuntu 18.04 (2/24/18 Daily
> Image) and KMM 5.0 and I am now getting a permission denied error when I
> try to login with the correct password.

Having the DB on a separate server should not make a difference. All
communication (incl. structure updates etc) between KMyMoney and the SQL DB is
via a communication link.

I am not sure, if bringing in 5.0 at this point is a good alternative. You
might have a trouble to go back to 4.8 unless you want to stick with 5.0.
Since you're building from source also, use the 5.0 branch, not master. It
already contains a couple of bug-fixes over the released 5.0 version.

> I will create a new test DB and compare the tables and see if I notice a
> difference in table structure. I will report back to this email.

Yep, that's a good idea. Also, start KMyMoney from the command line and you
will see a bunch of messages which could help in chasing down your problems.

Thomas

> [...]
> > know. Make sure to send answers to the list and not to individuals only.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas
> >
> > On Samstag, 24. Februar 2018 21:16:21 CET El Cas wrote:
> > > I upgraded from Kubuntu 16.04 to 17.10. When I installed the 4.8.0
> >
> > version
> >
> > > that came with 17.10 and tried to connect to the DB where kmm 4.6.6 was
> > > storing my information I got the following error.
> > >
> > > *Query error no 1064: you have an error in your sql syntax; check the
> > > manual that corresponds to your mysql server version for the right
> > > syntax
> > > to use near '"order" smallint unsigned not null, identifier varchar(32)
> >
> > not
> >
> > > null, primary k' at line 1 qmysql: unable to execute query.*
> > >
> > > I noticed that there was a 4.8.1 version so I added the repo for that
> > > version and uninstalled 4.8.0 and installed 4.8.1. I then got a cannot
> >
> > open
> >
> > > shared library libkmm_settings.so file missing error.
> > >
> > > I uninstalled 4.8.1 and proceed to to download the source code and I
> >
> > fired
> >
> > > off the build for tag 4.8.1.1 using the provided instructions in
> > > README.cmake and it all compiled correctly but when I ran it I got the
> > > following error.
> > >
> > > *Cannot open file as requested. Error was: Error in function void
> > > MyMoneyStorageSql::writeFileInfo() : writing FileInfo*
> > >
> > > *Driver = QMYSQL, Host = X.X.X.X, User = kmymoney, Database = kmymoney*
> > >
> > > *Driver Error: *
> > >
> > > *Database Error No -1: *
> > >
> > > *Text: *
> > >
> > > *Error type 0*
> > >
> > > *Executed: UPDATE kmmFileInfo SET version = ?, fixLevel = ?, created =
> > > ?,
> > > lastModified = ?, baseCurrency = ?, dateRangeStart = ?, dateRangeEnd =
> > > ?,
> > > hiInstitutionId = ?, hiPayeeId = ?, hiTagId = ?, hiAccountId = ?,
> > > hiTransactionId = ?, hiScheduleId = ?, hiSecurityId = ?, hiReportId = ?,
> > > hiBudgetId = ?, hiOnlineJobId = ?, hiPayeeIdentifierId = ?, encryptData
> > > =
> > > ?, updateInProgress = ?, logonUser = ?, logonAt = ?, institutions = ?,
> > > accounts = ?, payees = ?, tags = ?, transactions = ?, splits = ?,
> > > securities = ?, prices = ?, currencies = ?, schedules = ?, reports = ?,
> > > kvps = ?, budgets = ?; *
> > >
> > > *Query error No -1: *
> > >
> > > *Error type 0*
> > >
> > > Is there something I can do to (besides reverting back to Kubuntu
> >
> > 16.04/KMM
> >
> > > 4.6.6) to resolve this issue?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart
> >
> > https://www.telegram.org/       Telegram, the better WhatsApp
> > Of all the computing resources available, the most valuable one is
> > programmers' time. Especially in open source where most of us have to
> > sneak in time to write and debug code. (Ace Jones)

Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and UNIX.
I don't think that this is a coincidence. (anonymous)