another odd, new ofximport issue (auto import to closed account/category)

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Fri Feb 9 00:13:54 UTC 2018

I just tried doing my monthly ofximports to update my investment
accounts (Merrill Lynch).  Based on some notation in the ofx produced
by Merrill Lynch, certain transactions have their income assigned to
the category "_Dividend".  Oddly, however, I had closed this category
in the past so it would not be used.  Today, two transactions were
imported and assigned to this category - but I now can't edit them,
since it is not allowed to edit a transaction using a closed account.
I know I can reopen the account, fix the transaction, and then re-close
it - but isn't it a bug to assign a new transaction to a closed account?