new problem with 5.0 - it doesn't think mapped accounts are mapped

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 7 17:22:24 UTC 2018

On 2018.02.07 01:40, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Dienstag, 6. Februar 2018 19:51:41 CET Jack wrote:
> > [snip....]
> >
>>> Weird, so they are found. There was a problem with a case
>>> conversion that caused this problem, but if you are at 5.0 HEAD
>>> this should be fixed. The problem was, that your file may contain a
>>> provider name like "KBanking" and it is now called "kbanking" after
>>> a change by Lukasz. But we fixed that to only compare the lower
>>> case versions (so basically case insensitive) and then they should
>>> match. Here's the commit info:
>>> commit 719f713999e8ac4d75ddf617d812ce28220e0c02 Author: Thomas
>>> Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> Date:   Tue Jan 9 20:47:03 2018 +0100
> > >
> > >     Fix account editor's online tab
> > >
>>>     Bring back the online tab of the mapped provider for old data
>>> files,     where the provider name may be spelled with mixed case
>>> letters and now     the provider name is lower case only.     Make
>>> sure to use and compare only lowercase provider names from now on.
> > >
>>> Maybe, it still finds some old installation, but it finds some. So
>>> that is good.
> >
>> I'm finally paying attention to this again, and both 5.0 and master
>> have the problem.  I was able to unmap and remap one account.  On
>> the previously mapped accounts, Account/Edit does not show an online
>> tab.
> >
>> I suppose I can manually edit my .kmy file, but if this is really
>> necessary for me - will in not also affect ALL users with mapped
>> accounts where the bank name is in mixed case?
>
> To track this down, can you create a diff of the .kmy file (XML
> version) in the original version and the one where you re-mapped one
> account? I wonder what changes.

A quick zgrep of ONLINEBANKING for the remapped account shows the
difference is the old had
  provider="KMyMoney OFX"
but the new has
  provider="ofximporter"

Manually changing them in the file seemed to take care of the problem -
but I wonder if others will get caught by this, and if there is a less
dangerous fix.